Impressive and doable beyond your wildest dreams
Put a tub of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer...wait wait, in my house the Ben and Jerry's would never even reach the freezer -making my tummy the only dark cupboard it is ever likely to see. In an attempt to sate the ice cream cravings that curiously come at the latest possible moment before the day ends, I bring you the quickest, easiest pudding ever. And it's healthy. Not even a fake healthy. This is fruit. And yogurt. Together. But like ice cream. Winner.
This recipe is brill for the sweet, naughty cravings as well as being an impressive quick dessert for a dinner party or making with the kids. I've outlined two ways of making it below - but have fun with what you add to it/ serve it with. Seeds, dolly mixture, melted chocolate, more fruit, sprinkles. The list is endless!
The Healthy Way
- Keep it naked. By this I mean, stick to just the yogurt and berries mixed together, with honey if you like (method below). The frozen yogurt is tart and refreshing. Serve with some seeds, blueberries or other fruit on top in little bowls or ramekins.
The Not-So-Healthy Way
- Add white chocolate buttons to mixture (see method below). This gives it a sweet extra crunch - yum. Serve in a waffle cone with a few berries or chocolate buttons hidden under the yogurt. Then add some more buttons on top. As many as you want. Load the thing up!
500g frozen mixed berries
500g natural yogurt
1-2 tsp honey (or to taste)
80g white chocolate buttons plus extra buttons to serve
1. If you are using the chocolate buttons, pulse them until they are roughly chopped in the food processor. Empty into a separate bowl.
2. Then put all the frozen berries, honey and yogurt in the processor and whiz until smooth. Add back in the chopped buttons and mix until combined.
3. Put a few blueberries at the bottom of a waffle cone, add the yogurt on top and serve with a few extra buttons on top.
4. It is best to serve this yogurt immediately. As it is so instant to make, this shouldn't be a problem even if you have people over. If that is a problem, you can keep it in the freezer for an hour or so. Try not to leave it longer though as it gets ice crystals forming in the mixture.